If you would like to submit a blog post for consideration, please email [email protected]
[4 min watch] Common mistakes to avoid when setting up a skin cancer service
What are some common mistakes doctors make when first starting out in skin cancer medicine and getting the services running in their practice? In this short video, Paul Elmslie (CEO & Founder of National Skin Cancer Centres) talks about the common mistakes you can avoid when setting up skin cancer services in your practice.
Some of the top mistakes Paul covers in this video include:
- Over-investing on equipment
- Getting started with the wrong tools
- Spending unnecessary money on marketing
- Not adequately training staff
- Being under-skilled or under-practised in skin cancer work
Paul also speaks about the importance of helping your colleagues to upskill in skin cancer diagnosis and treatment for the betterment of patients.