Case discussion: How would you treat this patient? [5 October]
This week, we are sharing an interesting case provided by Prof. John Pyne:
- 60 year-old female school teacher
- No personal history of skin cancer
- New papule on central forehead with 2-month history
- Patient decided to have confocal imaging [live pathology] in preference to an excisional biopsy
Please review the dermoscopy images. What is your evaluation, and what would you do next (if anything)? Prof. John Pyne will share further details and guidance throughout the case discussion so please join in!
Here is the pathology result. What next?
- Confocal Image 2- basaloid cells with mucous clefts- diagnosis nodular BCC
- Confocal Image 3- mucous clefts- diagnosis nodular BCC
- Histopathology confirms nodular BCC
We encourage you to participate in the case discussions and submit your own clinical images and questions, so we can all learn together.